Saturday, August 17, 2013

Malibu

I can't believe how fortunate I am, sometimes, to live in this glorious place. Yesterday, we left our house around 2:00 and arrived in Malibu shortly afterward. We spent the rest of the day there, just south of Zuma, with the best of friends and family. My baby sister Jennifer, her husband and three children are visiting, so they got a good taste of true southern California beach life -- very, very cold Pacific ocean, brilliant blue skies, dolphins, huge rocks, the setting sun. We ate fried chicken and salads, played and laughed. The only thing missing was Sophie who was in school for the day, but given how chilly it got when the sun started setting, I was relieved that she had stayed behind.

My nephew Charlie

My sister Jennifer and I
















My niece Claudia and behind her my nephew Harry


8 comments:

  1. What a glorious setting to be with the ones you love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's nothing like relaxing in the company of people who fully love and get you. Sounds like you had that kind of day. Beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is all so beautiful. The water, the beach, the light. But the most beautiful of all is you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It all looks so very lovely. My sisters and I will be getting together here in Oregon next week, and I can't wait. But your beautiful photos definitely make me nostalgic for where we grew up! Lots of love to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a perfect day! Love your hat :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cool! That is indeed what I imagine the beach in Southern California to be like -- well, except Santa Monica or Venice where it's just a big wide urban beach. Are people climbing that big rock?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Why is that beach not wall-to-wall people? Honestly?

    So idyllic. Love that you had that day.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...