Thursday, November 27, 2014

Northern California Thanksgiving


The kids and I drove through the dry and dusty hills up to Los Altos yesterday. What would normally have been a long one was shortened by The Teenager's excellent command of the wheel.


I had packed Sophie's drugs in the Laduree  bag that my friend Sarah had left when she visited some months ago. From Parisienne pastries to benzos and cannabis -- nice reprposing, no?


My aunt's dog Enrico took a liking to Sophie, and she to him.


Here's my father and his mini me:


I'll have more pictures and thoughts later. Until then, Happy Thanksgiving. I sure am grateful for this extraordinary life.

9 comments:

  1. Sophie and Enrico! MY HEART JUST EXPLODED!
    Happy Thanksgiving. I am so thankful for all of you and yours. Amen. Love. Etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy thanksgiving to you my sweet friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Thanksgiving to you, too, and to your beautiful family.

    Greetings from London.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My god, your children are beautiful. And that picture of Sophie and the little dog made my day.

    Happy thanksgiving, Elizabeth. So thankful for you and your words and your being-out-there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Are you still on NorCal? I can be there in an hour. Say the word. My new dog would love Sophie you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Thanksgiving! Sophie and Enrico is the most wonderful thing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your beautiful family. It is amazing to me how much Henry resembles your father. It will be interesting as he grows to see if they are as much alike on the inside.
    I hope that - in spite of the exhaustion brought on by the sleeping arrangements with Sophie, which sounded difficult and painful - you got some rest and refreshment from the loving company of your family.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...