Thursday, March 6, 2014

The Taming of the Shrew

This happened, yesterday:


And then this,



And finally, this:



They disappeared, which was excellent as I had driven them out of the house and off their electronics with shrewish shrieks. Stop fighting! Go outside! You mean to tell me that you can't figure out anything to do but play with that crap?

You fish-wives know the drill:



To the boys' credit, they picked up a ramp lying in an alley near our house, brought it home and rigged a go-kart on a skateboard. Henry amiably pushed Oliver who actually wore a helmet, and then -- lo and behold -- they put their two heads (knuckle generally comes to mind) and plotted out a real Go-Kart plan, one that will use their own money. Wheels are involved as is paint and wood and numerous trips to the newly opened OSH around the corner.

I feel triumphant. Less like the fishwife shrew and more like I've been tamed -- albeit Liz Taylor-style.


4 comments:

  1. Excellent! You are a very wise fishwife.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Mom always used the expression "fishwife" so this made me laugh! And yes, it's hard to get the boys off the electronics, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you are neither fishwife nor shrew, but perhaps that's because I can remember those moments in my own life so well. "Find something to do, or I will find something FOR you to do!" (implying a chore, yard work, etc.) comes to mind. Besides, look at the outcome for your guys - they used their imaginations, cooperatively, and that led them to a new creative project employing their minds and bodies. Well done, you!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...