Thursday, October 21, 2010

It's not always heaviness around here

The children's dental office in Beverly Hills has Christmas/holiday card bulletin boards in the examining rooms. Today, when I brought Sophie in for a check-up and cleaning, I noticed two families on the board that shouted  You live in Los Angeles and are in a dentist office in Beverly Hills!




The photo is blurry but do you see who visits this dental office for check-ups? A bit to the right of that card was a lovely greeting card with the entire Hilton family -- Paris looked exactly like she does when you see her getting arrested. I peered at that one, marveling that folks like them actually get together and pose for family portraits, but when I started to snap a photo, the hygienist walked in and I felt embarrassed so instead I pretended to be taking a photo of Sophie in the chair.

Speaking of the chair, I practically had to lie over Sophie while simultaneously holding down her hands and holding her head straight as the hygienist tried to clean her teeth -- given the last three days of boot camp and the fact that I haven't really exercised in months and months, well -- I feel as if I'm about one hundred years old and when I tried to straighten up, I almost screamed. Going to the dentist with Sophie probably ranks up there with calls to the insurance company over disputed claims.

14 comments:

  1. Hugh Heffner?? Now that's something you don't see every day on the dentist's wall

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, I'm a bit like Sophie at the dentist.

    Best,
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a riot! Not your average, middle-American dentist's office clientele, eh? I love your sense of humor.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The dentist is ghastly at the best of times, but this sounds worse. It reminds me of a visit to one of our local gaps a few years ago who showed us her Christmas card from Kylie Minogue, her patient when in Australia. Strange what you find in doctor's and dental surgeries and the pull of celebrity, against the angst of domestic demands.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i have missed you, i am now HOME!
    well for one week....and then off again.

    you are in my heart.
    xoxoxoxxox,
    rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  6. You would not find that sort of dentist's office in North Florida, honey. Just saying...
    So- BOOT CAMP! Tell us about it!
    Love...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  7. HA! It was a big day for the dentist and holding down kids! I was doing the same thing today!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your Paris comment made me laugh, and I hope Sophie's done with the dentist for a while!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You get my award for the most unique post I've seen all week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think I'd be embarrassed to have those folks as my clients. Ew.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am glad to have stumbled on your blog, too. I have so much to learn! You are so much more sophisticated than I am. I have a way to go. I like the poem very much and am inspired to share favorites of mine. Love the Hilton photo in the dentist office. It's like when Janice Dickerson was in my OBs waiting room. Just incase we didn't know who she was, she kept loudly yelling into her cell phone (sign on wall reads: no cell phones please) "This is Janice Dickerson." ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am glad to have stumbled on your blog, too. I have so much to learn! You are so much more sophisticated than I am. I have a way to go. I like the poem very much and am inspired to share favorites of mine. Love the Hilton photo in the dentist office. It's like when Janice Dickerson was in my OBs waiting room. Just incase we didn't know who she was, she kept loudly yelling into her cell phone (sign on wall reads: no cell phones please) "This is Janice Dickerson." ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I remember seeing the Hiltons on the wall of our first pediatrician. Needless to say it wasn't a ringing endorsement of his skillz

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks everyone for your comments! I feel like I need to say that my dentist is FANTASTIC, despite his lame clientele. I adore him, and he is particularly great with Sophie which makes him a rare dentist indeed (there are notorious problems with special needs kids and dentists).

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...