Friday, August 10, 2012

Orange County Fair

The boys and I ventured down south and met my friend Lisa and her daughter Annabelle for a day at the Orange County Fair. We ate a funnel cake with "fresh" strawberries and whipped cream, ceviche with tortilla chips, deep-Fried Oreos, a deep-fried Twinkie, countless bottles of water and a giant doughnut with maple glaze and crumbled bacon. I got on the Ferris Wheel and freaked out a bit when we hung, suspended at the top, but I pulled it together and enjoyed the view. I chit-chatted with Lisa as our kids rode the crazy rides, ran through the fun house with Oliver, viewed a 13-foot alligator and countless livestock, saw some pigs race around a track and sat in the shade watching the wheels go round and round.















8 comments:

  1. There's nothing quite like the fair, is there?
    Beautiful shots of beautiful kids and what looks like a beautiful day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can totally smell it now. Glad you had a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh man, look at those awesome photos! love the one with the slides - so cool :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ah, all the treats a fair has to offer! deep fried goodness and fast rides. I can't go on the ferris wheel -- too high and scarey.

    Love the night shot at the end. A great day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. As I read your post and gazed upon the pretty pictures I kept thinking - but my god, weren't you hot? - didn't that slide sear your children's skin? It is so painfully hot here in Arizona. I've lost my belief in the existence of cool weather.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...