Sunday, April 13, 2014

What we see



If this beautiful corner with the red gate weren't my own home, I'd stop while walking by and take its picture. The bougainvillea has self-seeded there and reaches for the sun. The oak hydrangea is chartreuse and about to bloom. The asparagus fern has recovered from the digging last winter and reaches up beyond the lens of the shot. Some would say it was onanistic (not me). But if it weren't my own home, I wouldn't know this, perhaps wouldn't even see it. The gate would invite me in to somewhere cozy and enclosed, a secret garden of twittering birds and laughing children, an easy chair, a beloved book. Would that I had new eyes to see and be grateful.

6 comments:

  1. We never do know, do we?
    Unless we do.
    But that is a beautiful corner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. a beautiful corner, indeed. if you could only see it through my eyes....enchantment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't that what photography & your words are? New eyes? It's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And yet you do see it. You evoked it here in words and picture. This is your beautiful corner, darling Elizabeth.I hope you're feeling less sick today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It sounds like you do - and you are.
    I hope you're feeling better, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the photo and the thoughts. May you walk around the block one sunny day and come upon this sight in an altogether new way, knowing the love and laughter that reside behind it.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...