Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Le Petit Paquet (Drug Mule, Part V)



That's what arrived on my doorstep today, all the way from Vancouver -- a neatly taped, little brown petit four of a package with the words le petit paquet on the top. Inside was a three month supply of Frisium or clobazam or Onfi, the benzodiazepan that costs $2,970 in the United States and $279 in Canada and is currently the best drug for Sophie. It doesn't control her seizures, but it does help them considerably, and after trying nearly eighteen different anti-epileptics with little to no seizure control and hideous side effects, I'd become a prostitute (high class, of course) to pay for it. Whether I make trips up to Vancouver periodically to get the drug or wrestle Anthem Blue Cross into adding the drug to its formulary remains to be seen.

In the meantime, I'm dreaming of Mitt Romney (honestly, I had a dream about him last night that was as boring as he is), feeling bewildered that Sophie and I, according to Mitt, are part of the 47% (or is it 49%?), the lazy moochers, completely dependent on the government.

Keep digging, Mitt, keep digging.

9 comments:

  1. You are not alone as part of that 47%, we are with ya, so are all the elderly, disabled, poor, etc etc. Probably actually much higher....WE are the majority!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a complete ass he is. I keep thinking- is this really the best the Republican party had to offer? What about Condi Rice? I may not agree with her politics but she's a least got some dignity attached to her.
    Glad you got your drugs. Jesus.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like I clearly stated on my blog post today "Romney is an asshole and a sociopath!" Yes, I'm one of the 47 0/0 that he can kiss- my- ass! For more sickening news go to my blog and watch the video's (click link as there is a video on health care, education and more) "Koch Brothers Exposed".....Off to find My ZEN..not sure it exists...been chasing it forever....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Since I live in the heart of Mormondom, people are always asking me, "why don't you support Mitt, don't you want someone in the White House with "our values" I just bite my tongue, in half, thinking if those are your values I want no part of it. I'm so glad the package arrived. I am in LA today going to see Book of Mormon the Musical with my sister. It is so hot in your neck of the woods.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for Canadian drugs:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Keep digging...exactly. He's doing an admirable job, so far.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes! So thrilled the petit paquet arrived! I hope something changes before you need more.
    And, YES, Mitt, keep digging. I have a friend who is a bit of a conspiracy theorist and he thinks that the Republicans chose Romney this time because they actually want to lose this election, stick Obama with the country's problems for four more years and then have an enormous backlash in 2016 that will win them the White House, the Senate and the House of Representatives. I laughed when I first heard this notion, but I'm beginning to think he might be on to something since Mitt seems incapable of going more than two days without offending massive groups of people.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...