Saturday, September 15, 2012

"Drug Mule Fer Real" - Part IV



That's how my good friend Mary Beth brought a recent article in the Los Angeles Times to my attention yesterday in her inimitable North Carolina accent. We went back and forth on Facebook making jokes about coconut cake and cannabis, Sophie's seizures stopping and me finally relaxed. I wrote about medical marijuana and epilepsy years ago on this blog, wondering if I might have a sort of peace pipe circle with Sophie in the center receiving the smoke "second-hand." I've thought about making brownies or cookies or even venturing up to the local medical marijuana store (they dot every block in these parts) and buying some. But I've never done it -- and I personally haven't smoked the stuff in one hundred years, so I just don't know where to start.

I'm looking into this seriously, now, and let me tell you something: if medical marijuana stops Sophie's seizures or even eases them, I'll get high every single day for the rest of my life. I'll be a drug mule fer real.

Hold me to that. If you know anything about this or have suggestions, please email me and let me know.

Read the article HERE. Read this story HERE.




11 comments:

  1. Today, Elizabeth. Why not start today? What have you got to lose? And it makes perfect sense to me that Big Pharma would not want people to know that a weed that anydamnone can grow anydamnwhere would be a powerful medication for epilepsy. (No, I am not a conspiracy theorist- merely a pragmatist.)
    Make some damn brownies. Give your girl some. You eat some too.
    Keep them away from the boys.
    That's what I say.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm on board...here is an interesting article posted on FB (beyond the run of the mill medical marijuana) which may be of help i research:

    https://www.facebook.com/ReachForTheStars1/posts/358908787519851

    BTW: a vaporizer is the way to go.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elizabeth, i confess i did wonder if you had ever tried this. I'm with Mary Moon. All the way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This post made my day. I'm renewing my search also, on behalf of Owen, Sophie and all the others with epilepsy, CP, MS, etc, etc, etc who could benefit. Keep me in the loop. In the circle. And I will do the same for you. I will drive. Walk. Fly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds good. I know it's easy to get, but this particular compound in it -- how? I already emailed our neurologist and told her that I want in.

      Delete
  5. Do it, do it, do it!
    Can you make tea out of it? So the boys wouldn't smell the smoke?
    It's been so long since I've had any, but it is a miracle worker....try it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Must be the day for video postings. Did one myself.

    You know Elizabeth, we do whatever it takes when it comes to the care and keeping of our children. If this is doable then well, do it. And I will help.

    Cuz ... you know, I can.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a story of one young man treated by one of Max's neurologists (Max sees her for movement disorder) who has prescribed medical marijuana.

    http://www.ednewscolorado.org/2012/02/22/33520-teen-without-marijuana-id-probably-be-dead

    Medical Marijuana is legal here. I just wish they would regulate and tax it and put the money towards medicaid! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. All drugs should be legalized because prohibition doesn't work. As for the cannabis, I have no idea but if it helped Sophie, I would go for it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have no doubt that whatever decision you make will be the right one. I hope it provides relief.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...