Sunday, September 30, 2012

Since I'm now an Actor,



(and I understand that the word "actress" is no longer used), I'm going to post a photo of MYSELF each and every day on my blog. Here I am, just after the show, gazing lovingly into the mirror of my Barbie bathroom. My son Oliver is scowling behind me because I left him alone with Dad and Henry and they're so mean to me. Despite his pronouncement the other day that my looks had deteriorated to the point of catastrophe (what happened to you?), my eleven year old is attached to my hip right now in probably the last gasp of mom-love before he morphs into a boy-man like his older brother. It's intense, Readers, being a mother -- particularly when you're also an ACTOR.

(The show went very well, by the way, and was preceded by a fabulous dinner with my dear friends Sally of Maggie World, her friend, an occupational therapist who I felt as if I'd known forever, Heather of Little Wonders, Lisa, who is also a wonderful writer but no longer writes a blog, Denise of  Margaritaville and the Man Who Loves Her. I am so grateful that these beautiful women and one man traveled from their respective homes to come and support me. We drank wine, ate good food and shared many laughs together.)

I've got two shows today and then we break until next weekend. If you're in town, come on out and support twelve amazing mothers in Expressing Motherhood. If you're a teacher, I believe the tickets are half priced today -- a 2:30 matinee and 7:00 evening show.

22 comments:

  1. May I say that your decolletage ranks up there with the best of the actors! If I could attend one of your performances, I'd surely want your autograph.

    Best,
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Bonnie. You are one hot mamma! And you deserve the high that comes from a good performance. Enjoy. I wish I could send you a bouquet of roses. I will in my brain, okay? Deep red and they're coming in a box not a piece of cello.
    love,
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look a bit like Elizabeth Taylor...tell Oliver that the next time he asks what happened to you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. An oh my, don't you look the part, an ACTOR, gifted, gorgeous, graceful and glittering, your hair artfully mussed the morning after, a GODDESS, even with Oliver attached to your hip. (And I did notice that beautiful decolletage, too.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Make Oliver take the pic so us fans get to see yr face!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was a great show! I think my sister in law and niece are coming next week.wish I could have stayed longer!

    ReplyDelete
  7. YEOW!! hot stuff mama!! :) acting becomes you :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dang. You've become even more beautiful since you became an actor!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so pleased to know a REAL ACTOR (though I've never really met you in person). I soooo want to come see the show.

    And I absolutely think you should post a picture of yourself every single day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG!!! WTF!!! What was I thinking???? I forgot to ask you for your autograph!!!

    Seriously, though, you were wonderful. The man who loves me and I really enjoyed the evening. Though I did get lost in the hills of Highland Park for a bit on the way back to his house.

    Could you have your limo driver pick me up next time?????

    ReplyDelete
  11. Damn woman. You look GOOD. For reals.

    I am psyched about seeing pictures of you. Very much so!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I don't know, but I love that statement, "It's intense, Readers, being a mother -- particularly when you're also an ACTOR." Congratulations on the show.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You're beautiful, Elizabeth. And that's the enigmatic smile Mona Lisa would die for if she could have a do-over.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That dress is GORGEOUS on you

    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Quelle dramatique!

    (I don't know if that's really French, but it sounds French and somehow seems appropriately theatrical.)

    ReplyDelete
  16. As far as I am concerned--
    You are too cool for school.

    ReplyDelete
  17. ohh, i am already feeling that whiff of nostalgia, we knew her when...don't forget us, out there in the hot circle of bright lights...the groupies...

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...