So, the jack hammer is still going, Sophie had a super ugly big seizure this morning that caused some tension among the members of our tribe, and my house looks so much like a Christmas store that I've decided to put on my Santa apron instead of clothes and surrender. Despite these problems, though -- and with the exception of the seizure, they are first world problems which is a problem unto itself -- I'm slogging out the gratitude alongside my friend Jeneva, and today I'm grateful to live in Los Angeles and down the street from the Los Angeles County Museum of Art (LACMA). I put Sophie in her wheelchair and walked there this afternoon, strolled around the magnificent Alexander Calder exhibit and then stood and gazed quietly at some of the most beautiful photography one could possibly imagine from every era in the history of photography. I'm grateful for art, much of which I don't understand or have little knowledge, but speaks to me just the same, invigorates my eye and calms my soul.
- I'm grateful for my strong and healthy constitution.
- I'm grateful for the card that Ms. Moon sent me of the Airstream trailer on the beach that now graces my blog and that is testament to our friendship.
- I'm grateful for the opportunity to go to the movies on a Saturday afternoon, especially when it's a perfect movie about love, longing, regret and is directed by and stars Ralph Fiennes.
- I'm grateful for my perfect score of loving bloggers in person as well as on the page and for getting to personally meet one of my favorites today, Brittany Tuttle.
- I'm grateful to live in Los Angeles and down the street from LACMA, and I'm grateful for art that invigorates my eye and calms my soul.