Saturday, December 14, 2013

Saturday Three-Line Movie Review***

photo from Life Magazine

American Hustle

Bale's comb-over, Adams' breasts, Cooper's curls and Lawrence's nail-sniffing sustain the two and a half hours of fast talking. It's superficial, slick and soul-less entertainment, easy. Robert de Niro's cameo cements my position that he's a whore.







***When I left the movie yesterday afternoon, I climbed the stairs to the roof-top parking with my friend D. We talked about the movie. We heard a giant crash and peered over the balcony of the lot to see the immediate aftermath of a motorcycle crash. A body lay next to the overturned cycle. Where? I said, I don't see it! My heart raced in that adrenaline rush of metal on metal. There, said D and pointed to something sprawled. We watched for a bit as rescue vehicles came, SUVs honked and swerved around. What a bunch of assholes, we said from our bird perch. My heartbeat slowed down as I drove down and around and down and around. I thought that I needed to write a three-sentence review every time I saw a movie, so here it is.

5 comments:

  1. ouch on both counts. That's disappointing....I was looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes! A car crash of a movie and then an ACTUAL car crash!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Something about the preview told me not to see that movie; that I would feel dirty and cheap after watching it. Glad to hear my intuition was spot-on. As for the wreck, I am so glad your intuition led you to the roof to talk instead of being a real-time witness or involved in the accident yourself.

    As always, I love the way you write about your life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Late to this party. Just saw the movie and then the review. I agree with you but I thought Jennifer Lawrence was fantastic. Christian Bale was also fantastic, but the character was so smarmy that is was imposible to connect.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...