Friday, February 24, 2012

Friday Surf Report - Things I Like

via ilind.net






Das Puppendorf




  • This separation of the soul from the body and from the world is no disease of the fringe, no aberration, but a fracture that runs through the mentality of institutional religion like a geologic fault. And this rift in the mentality of religion continues to characterize the modern mind, no matter how secular or worldly it becomes.



           -- from Wendell Berry's The Body and the Earth





6 comments:

  1. I love the links. I sent the graphic link to Hank but I'm sure he already knows it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I do not care who you are or what you can and can't do, if you're here in this world, you have thrown a rock into a pool and you make a ripple. Hopefully a ripple that brings goodness and kindness, hope and joy."

    Oh my, she has written my heart, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man. I loved that last link. You know what, E? If I haven't told you lately, thank you so much for putting your heart all over this blog. You have taught me so, so much about love and selflessness and acceptance. I love the way you celebrate your entire family. I love the way the boys get celebrated right along with Sophie. With you, it's never unequally yoked, you know? It's like your heart makes room for everyone in a perfect way.

    I deeply admire you on so many levels. But today, i just dig these links. Because, like you, they're really cool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. But I wanna be your favorite!!!

    ...sniff...

    The vintage photos you find are priceless. How do you DO that!?!?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so happy you posted the link to that blog of book illustrations. What a gorgeous site. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...