Friday, February 17, 2012

Friday Surf Report - Things I Love



  • I know I've posted this video before, but I came across it again and I just about adore it.



My Brightest Diamond | I Have Never Loved Someone | A Take Away Show from La Blogotheque on Vimeo.


  • Ms. Moon of Bless Our Hearts has rocked my world with this post about those annoying word verifications and captchas. 



  • Here's another perfect song:





  • I'm going to give THIS a whirl. Hold me to it. Otherwise I might start using an exercise wand. I envy her waist -- it looks doable.


California woman in 1912, holding an exercise wand


  • When Sophie has a lot of seizures, she drools. Sometimes she doesn't have a lot of seizures and she drools. I imagine the sensations in her mouth, in her salivary glands are shot. For all I know she feels nothing in her mouth. In any event, she craves sensation and we want to give it to her. I found these online -- made for babies, but non-toxic -- and they serve the purpose. I think I found them on an autism site, but I can't be sure. If you recommended them, and I haven't given you credit, I'm sorry!
1997: Sophie has had a long love-affair with beads.



  • My old college friends, writer Dean King and his beautiful wife Jessica have four daughters. Two of them created a video for a great cause. All you have to do is click and vote. I urge you to do so, even if you're "not the type." Here's the info with all necessary links :   Willa and Grace King recently produced a video for the Anna Julia Cooper Episcopal School, which was selected as a finalist in a competition that awards $100,000 quarterly to educational and humanitarian organizations around the country based on a popular vote. Over the next couple of months, people can vote on the short videos. Anyone can vote up to once a day for the duration of the voting process. Anna Julia Cooper School, a middle school operating in the low-income East End of Richmond, provides promising students there a great opportunity to succeed at the next level. St. James's supports the school, and parishioners Alex Slaughter and Tom Horton serve on the school's board of directors. Registration and voting is quick and easy.

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful video. Thanks for the shout-out, sweetie. All I did was click on the question mrk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I SO love that photo of Sophie. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. What on earth is an exercise wand? I'll have to look that one up! The little-by-little fitness program seems like a good idea...exercise really is a lifestyle, I think.

    I love the photo of Sophie with the beads!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...