Saturday, February 18, 2012

PINA

I know absolutely nothing about dance, but yesterday I stole away and saw the movie PINA by Wim Wenders, and I can't think of another word to describe it other than transcendent. It's a documentary and it's in 3-D which I normally can't stand but I was mesmerized for the entire 100 or so minutes. I can't tell you what it's about -- other than love and loss and longing and men and women and sex and violence and intimacy and life and death and trust and joy -- but I understood it, somehow. I understood it all just through dance.

Go see it.


7 comments:

  1. Really? I believe you. I honestly do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting! I'll keep an eye out for it! I'm normally not a 3-D person, but I'll try to stay open-minded. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to see this! I'm a huge Wim Wenders fan. He has a way of making everything all better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Haven't even heard of it, but I'm going to check it out now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh lord I LOVE Wim Wenders. Thank you.

    ps, Package on its way to you.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pina went beyond dance's natural borders. Her Rite of Spring is one of the better works I've ever seen in my life.

    Greetings from London.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...