Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Mulleygrubs



The Cure

Lying around all day
with some strange new deep blue
weekend funk, I'm not really asleep
when my sister calls
to say she's just hung up
from talking with Aunt Bertha
who is 89 and ill but managing
to take care of Uncle Frank
who is completely bed ridden.
Aunt Bert says
it's snowing there in Arkansas,
on Catfish Lane, and she hasn't been
able to walk out to their mailbox.
She's been suffering
from a bad case of the mulleygrubs.
The cure for the mulleygrubs,
she tells my sister,
is to get up and bake a cake.
If that doesn't do it, put on a red dress.

Ginger Andrews

9 comments:

  1. Red shoes can work too, sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I need a red dress!! I forgot to get one. The red shoes I got.

    XXX Beth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photo of you! Some mischief there. Mischief is always good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The latter doesn't really work for me, but the former might. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. don't forget the red lipstick...and I think your photo looks very Sophia Loren.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this poem AND beautiful you, in this photo.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...