Monday, September 6, 2010

Crazy Dancing


Last night I reluctantly went to a big 40th birthday party of a friend of mine. I wasn't in the mood to dress up, to socialize, to drink --

Well, I am so happy that I went (despite the fact that I was probably one of the oldest people there).

I drank.

I socialized.

But most importantly, I danced.

I danced like a crazy person for hours.

When I left, my ears were ringing.

Today I am hoarse and headachey, and my legs hurt, but it was worth it. I forgot what dancing does to the soul. Mine feels cleansed.

12 comments:

  1. Dancing is good.

    Singing too.

    So glad you had a good time.

    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. New here -- last time I danced like that I gave myself whiplash -- but what fun getting there!

    I've been reading some of your back posts, and think I will visit more often.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always be open to possibilities! Glad your evening was a very good time..dancing brings on floods of smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. michelle -- yes, but I can't sing in public!

    fuoriborgo -- thanks

    JoyMama - welcome! and I think my knee is damaged forever!

    Ellen -- definitely

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always say- Dancing is my favorite form of prayer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sometimes you just have to "let it be a dance you do"! Glad you had fun.

    Best,
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dancing is so primitive and soulful. Some of my most "connected" moments have been while dancing. And I'm talking at a club with the base pumping,(I wasn't a graceful ballerina or anything)!

    Glad you had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't know where to leave a comment. I am trying to catch up on all your posts and loving them all. Over at Mommy Manifesto too. Great stuff - as always.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...