Wednesday, November 27, 2013

More stuff going on around here



Does that photo scare you? I woke up this morning at 6:30 to hear two cement mixers churning their goods right outside. A new neighbor is renovating a house across the street and today was the day that cement was poured for the driveway. Dandy. As I'm prone to do, I lay on my back, mulling. Mulling is different than musing. I mulled about the shipment of CBD that should come today and how much money it was going to cost. I mulled over the five gigantic panels of foam that are squeezed into our front porch, how my parents' offer to upholster Sophie's walls while they were here went awry and how I'll have to look at everything in disarray until I can find someone to do it. I mulled over the coming end to de-schooling, when home-schooling will start in earnest and then I mulled over marriage, family, life and death. I was not light-hearted. That would have been musing. I was sleeping in Henry's bed across from Oliver who talks in his sleep off and on throughout the night -- yells in his sleep, actually -- admonitions and exclamations and all manner of drama. My parents are in our bedroom. Henry was on the couch, and The Husband was with Sophie. There was nowhere to go and nothing to do but retreat to the kitchen and make coffee. So, that's what's going on around here.

9 comments:

  1. You're beautiful even when you're mulling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. mama said there'd be days like this....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the 5 gigantic pieces of foam is the killer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never dreaded the so-called-holiday-season more. All I want is a sandwich and a beer.
    love,
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  5. My grandmother used to counsel my mother that if one corner offended her, look at a different corner. That's all I've got for the foam. As for the rest, breathe, and breathe. Love.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's a fine line between mulling and musing:)

    Hope you have a good day. If it helps, think of me. We're expecting up to a foot of snow this weekend. Just saying.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh lord. A full house. I mulled yesterday too. I went back to bed, even. It's the holidays that do it to me, I know.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You seem to have a wonderful life.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...