Friday, October 7, 2011

An Update to My Frosting Recipe and Other Important Matters

Feet to Meters, via Hydrocarbon Processing, 1981


First of all, I want to apologize to my Canadian, European and Australian readers for posting the recipe in the parlance of America -- the stubborn refusal to change to the eminently more sensible metric system is something this baker isn't proud of (I remember being in elementary school forty years ago and laboriously learning The Metric System, sure that its arrival on our colonial shores was imminent).

Anywho. (I can't remember who of my readers despises this word, but I do, too)

Here's a stick of butter:



One stick of butter is the same as 1/4 pound of butter, or 4 oz. of butter or approximately 113.4 grams of butter.

Now go out and make that frosting wherever you are.

4 comments:

  1. Ah...the mysterious American "stick of butter" has been explained! I can live again! Thanks Elizabeth!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would spell it "anyhoo" and it would make more sense.
    I overuse "anyway" and plenty other words. I know it.
    Yeah- when ARE we going to adopt the metric system? I was taught that it was going to happen almost fifty years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the word anywho:) We must be close to the same age, I remember the metric system in grammer school too!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...